Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Nov 17th, 9th day in. It’s Time…..

I keep waking up hoping it’s time for my procedure. It’s not time. One hour, two hour. I am so done with this tube in my face I start taking it out myself. Then realize I can’t (not because of location but because they will stick it back in and I will have to wait another day or two)

God, its finally time. They wheel me down to the waiting room. I am down their 20 minutes ( or so it seems). they bring me into the procedure room. They cover my face with a mask… take three deep breathes… and I am out for the count!

I have a very vivid dream (normally I have never dreamt under anesthesia). If you have seen John Carpenter's Vampires there's a few scenes where the vampires come in and wipe the town or building clean, it’s just a nightmare. Blood, guts, you get the idea! Well that is my drug induced dream but, and I repeat that again BUT!!! I don’t know that I am dreaming. Repeat I do not know that I am dreaming! This is really happening. So imagine my surprise and shock when I wake up in a hospital bed in a gown, IV’s sticking out ( no NG tube I might add) and no one is around besides a nurse or two. Let me tell you my paranoia has never been so extreme besides when I thought I was dying. So somewhere in the back of my mind so its screaming get out of here. But, I have no idea whats going on.

They wheel me to my room. I ask to take a shower. They get me set up. I take an hour long shower. Just enjoying the water, relaxing. I get out, get hooked back up to my life line. Lay back in bed then bam! I am out like a light I sleep about 17 hours. ( The procedure started at 9 AM I get back up to my room about 11AM so I I sleep till about 7 or 8 am the next day. I was out. I only wake up to get some meds then I am back out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment