Saturday, January 4, 2014

Ali vs Foreman? (Better fighter or better prepared?)

This is both a personal and learning post.

I just got finished watching “Ali” with Will Smith. As I sat watching listening, I thought who was a better fighter, Ali or Foreman? Then it clicked it wasn’t who was better, but he (or she) that prepared better that was always going to win.

(Image source http://www.biography.com/people/muhammad-ali-9181165)


Ali clearly won the fight between him and Foreman, but why, how. Foreman was younger, stronger with knockout power and he knew where his strengths were. But Ali won! Ali studied and knew what Foreman was going to do.(Ali also had great corner men who know what to look for) Foreman was going to back Ali into the rope and just swing until he got that lucky punch in or wear him down. But Ali knew this, so he trained and trained what he would later dub the rope a dope where he would lean back on the ropes and allow Foreman to wear himself down and when the time was right to take advantage of his tried out state.




So, as I realized this I was thinking to myself who do I act more like. Do I act like Foreman, just come in swinging and whatever lands I just stick to that end of it, or do I act like Ali and plan and prepare and make sure I know what I am getting into. I concluded that I act more like Foreman, but I am going to change that. I want to become a champion and I will fight to make it work. I have a long way to go. But I am going to take a few notes from Ali and train smart for the battles to come.




No comments:

Post a Comment